In This Edition
School Fees, Maeser’s COVID & Quarantine Protocols, Free Math Tutoring Lab, HS Back to School Stomp, Come Plant Your Flag! 9/11 Flag Memorial Fundraiser, Volunteer Opportunities (Parent Helpers for School Picture Day, Host Parents Needed for Foreign Exchange Students, Don’t Forget To Report Your Volunteer Hours), Lands’ End Labor Day Sale, Sports Announcements (Sports Academic Eligibility, Sports Physicals, Fall Sports Guide, Ultimate Frisbee), Counseling Announcements (Senior CCR Meetings, Sophomore CCR Meetings, ASVAB Exam, IMPORTANT Concurrent Enrollment Information, Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast, Ms. Sorenson’s Middle School Podcast), Are You Missing Important School Communications? (Opt In For School Text Messages, Update Your Contact Information)
Front Office Hours
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Friday, August 27
First semester and full-year class fees charged to student accounts (due Thursday, October 7)
8-11pm HS Back to School Stomp in the Maeser Gym – come party Teen Beach Movie style! Cost is $5.
Monday, September 6
Labor Day – NO SCHOOL (remember: Tuesday is Full Dress!)
Friday, September 10
9am-1pm 9/11 Flag Memorial Fundraiser in front of the school
Monday, September 13
School Picture Day – remember to wear full dress!
Thursday, October 7
Fee Deadline: Annual student fees, Winterim, Graduation, first semester and full-year class fees. Late fee ($15) after this date.
Year-long class fees (incl. AP guides & AP exams) and first semester class fees will be added to students’ accounts after school on the class add/drop deadline today (Friday, August 27). Class fees — along with enrollment, Winterim, and graduation fees — are due by Thursday, October 7 to avoid a $15 late fee.
Important information about student fees at Maeser:
- For detailed information about fee amounts, deadlines, and policies, please see the 2021-22 Fee Schedule and Spend Plan.
- Student Fees, Winterim, Graduation and most class fees are eligible for payment plans. If you’d like to request a payment plan, please contact the Finance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org after August 27 and before October 7. Late fees will apply for late or missing payment plan payments.
- AP exam fees, PE uniforms and extracurricular fees are not eligible for payment plans; they must be paid in full by their respective deadlines.
- Fees and due dates for extracurricular activities, field trips, etc. vary and will be posted. Fees must be paid in full before your student participates.
- Extracurricular fees are non-refundable after the payment deadline, even if your student subsequently chooses not to participate or loses eligibility according to the Maeser Activities Eligibility Policy. Students are not eligible for extracurricular activities if they have outstanding fees.
- For the 2021-22 school year: Students will not automatically be eligible for refunds for extracurricular activities if their season is disrupted due to COVID-19. Maeser may consider granting partial refunds on a case-by-case activity basis.
- Your student’s account will be charged later in the school year for Re-Enrollment (due Thursday, December 2) and second semester class fees (due Thursday, February 24). You will be notified when these fees are charged. The Re-Enrollment Fee may not be added to a payment plan but second semester class fees may be added.
- A late fee of up to $15 may be assessed for each late payment and for outstanding balances.
- If you are having trouble paying your student’s fees, please stop by or email the Finance Office at email@example.com as soon as possible so we can make arrangements.
- Fee waivers are available based on eligibility. To discuss a fee waiver, please stop by or email the Finance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your student’s fees, please stop by or email the Finance Office at email@example.com.
- Please be sure to opt in for school text messages and keep your contact information current with the front office so you can receive notices about fees and deadlines. To opt in for text messages, please send a text with “Y” or “Yes” to the number 67587.
Maeser’s COVID & Quarantine Protocols
We’ve had several questions from parents about how Maeser is handling reported exposure to COVID this year. You can access Maeser’s COVID protocols and FAQs here: COVID & Quarantine Protocols.
Free Math Tutoring Lab
Our free math tutoring lab is now open! You can come either before or after school. Before school (7:15-7:45am) is in room #302 and after school (3:45-4:15pm) is in room #223. This is open to every student, regardless of grade level or math class that you are in. If you need help with math homework or help preparing for a test, come and get some help!
HS Back To School Stomp
High School Students:
Come party Teen Beach Movie style TONIGHT in the Maeser gym at the Back to School Stomp!
WHO: The Back to School Stomp is open to all high school students (grades 9-12)
WHEN: Friday, August 27 from 8-11pm
WHERE: Maeser Gym
COST: $5 at the door
DRESS: Casual! We’d love to see your best Teen Beach Movie inspired biker or surfer “bound”! Remember: clothing must be modest in nature and contain no profane or inappropriate graphics.
Come Plant Your Flag! 9/11 Flag Memorial Fundraiser
On Friday, September 10, our student council will be holding a 9/11 Flag Memorial Fundraiser from 9am to 1pm in front of the school. Proceeds will be donated to local fire departments and first responders. You can purchase flags to plant outside of the school as part of the display for $1 each –buy four flags and receive another free! Flags can be purchased in the front office until Friday, September 10; your purchased flags will be distributed during the event on Friday, September 10.
Parent Helpers for School Picture Day
Picture Day Heroes (parent volunteers), play an essential role in helping our school and students have a successful Picture Day. We need a few Picture Day Heroes to assist on picture day — Monday, September 13. In return, you will receive a coupon toward the purchase of your child’s portrait package! If you’re available on September 13 and can help, please email Mrs. Ellis.
Host Parents Needed for Foreign Exchange Students
We have a couple of foreign exchange students who are in need of new host families. If you’re interested (or know anyone who might be interested), please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with their agency reps.
Don’t Forget to Report Your Volunteer Hours!
Report your volunteer hours once you’ve dropped off your donation: Report Parent Service Hours. Each $5 spent for donations counts as one hour of volunteer service!
Lands’ End Labor Day Sale: 20% Off School Uniforms
Lands’ End will be holding their Labor Day sale September 2-7, 2021. Shop the sale online at LandsEnd.com and get 20% off with Code: CELEBRATE and PIN: 3114.
Sports Academic Eligibility
Eligibility for participation in any sports/activities during the 1st term of the 2021-2022 school year will be based on 4th term grades. Students (7th-12th) must earn a 2.7 GPA with no Fs/NGs. In addition, high school students cannot have any Fs/NGs/Incompletes from previous high school terms. If the F/NG/Incomplete is made up by the beginning of the sports season they will be able to participate.
All students (middle school and high school) who will be playing sports this year need a physical in order to play. Here is a link to the UHSAA form which Maeser uses for ALL athletes: UHSAA Physical Form
Fall Sports Guide
For a list of the fall sports that are available at Maeser for both MS and HS students, click here: 2021 Maeser Fall Sports Guide. The Fall Sports Guide includes whether the team is boys, girls, or coed, if there is summer training, when tryouts are, who the coach is, and the coach’s contact information, if it is available.
Maeser Ultimate Frisbee (all grades)
Maeser has a great Ultimate Frisbee program, and we’d love to have you play! Boys and girls, grades 7 through 12. For more information about how to join, e-mail email@example.com.
Senior College & Career Readiness (CCR) Meetings
Senior College and Career Readiness Appointments start next week and will run through October. Sign up to meet with Mrs. Anderson at this link: Sign Up For Your Senior CCR Meeting
Sophomore College and Career Readiness (CCR) Meetings
Sophomore College and Career Readiness Appointments start next week and will run through October. Sign up to meet with Mr. Peck at this link: Sign Up For Your Sophomore CCR Meeting
The ASVAB exam (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) will be administered at Maeser on Wednesday, October 13th at 8am (at the same time as the PSAT test for 11th grade students). We will be offering the exam to the first 40 12th grade students and first 60 10th grade students to sign up using this form: Sign Up For The ASVAB Exam
IMPORTANT Concurrent Enrollment Information
Students enrolling in BYU-I classes or CE UVU classes this fall, DON’T FORGET to enroll and register for your class! Here is the link for all the information you will need: Concurrent Enrollment Information
Deadlines To Enroll & Register For CE Classes:
- UVU Admission Deadline: Friday, September 10
- UVU Enrollment Deadline: Monday, September 13
- BYU-I Classes Begin: Monday, September 13
- BYU-I Registration & Payment Deadline: Monday, September 20
Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast
WELCOME BACK! 7 quick tips to start the day with the right mindset PLUS the Trophy Central Sportsmanship Scholarship Award! Catch it all in this week’s episode: Welcome Back Mindset
Ms. Sorenson’s Middle School Podcast
THIS WEEK in the Lion’s Den! Listen to this week’s podcast on how to be a successful middle school student: 10 Habits of Successful Middle School Students
The counselors get emailed many scholarship opportunities! We will post these here as we get them: New Scholarship Opportunities
Are You Missing Important School Communications?
Not getting our emails, phone or text messages? Here’s how to make sure you’re getting all of our important announcements and information:
Opt In For School Text Messages
Our school utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts, student fees, and more. We will only use text messaging for urgent and important information.
You can participate in this service by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587.
You can also opt out of text messages at any time by simply replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
Update Your Contact Information
If any of your contact information has changed – email address, mailing address, phone number – please let us know asap so we can be sure you’re getting school and teacher communications.
Thank you for helping us keep in contact with your family!