In This Edition
COVID Preparation Updates, Attendance School, Fall Fees Charged Today, Uniforms (Maeser Hoodies & Sweatshirts, Lands’ End 30% Off Sale), Sports Announcements (Sports/Academic Eligibility, Proposed MS Baseball Fee), Counseling Announcements (Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast, FAFSA Portal Opens October 1), Help Us Stay In Touch!
Front Office Hours
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Friday, August 28
Fall Fees Charged To Student Accounts: Annual Fees, Full-Year Class Fees (including AP Exams & AP Guides), and First Semester Class Fees (more info below)
Monday, September 7
Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
Thursday, October 1
Fee Payment Deadline: Annual Fees, Full-Year Class Fees (including AP Exams & AP Guides), and First Semester Class Fees (more info below)
COVID Preparation Updates
We are off to a great start and appreciate all your efforts to keep Maeser safe and open. Here are a couple of quick reminders:
- If your student is sick, please keep them home and call/email the Attendance Secretary to excuse. Students have their syllabus and Google Classroom to keep them up on assignments in this case. Communicate with teachers directly with anything pertaining to coursework.
- If someone in your family has tested positive for COVID, please contact the UCDOH COVID hotline to determine the length of quarantine for your family. Maeser does not diagnose or make those recommendations.
- Carpool: When dropping off your student in the morning, please remind them to go directly to their first period class. In the afternoon, please pick them up promptly after school. Clearing the halls mitigates risk. Please do not use the faculty or church parking lots as your personal carpool lane. Drop off/pick up is minimal this year and we appreciate your help!
- Dropping off items for students? The shelves in the foyer are to be used for that purpose. Sticky notes are provided to mark items with the student’s name. Please alert your student that items are there.
Attendance school will be held each morning of your assigned days beginning August 31st.
- Room 155
- $5 per session
- 7:00 – 7:55 am
- Monday through Thursday, on assigned campus days
- Must remain in the classroom in assigned seat with mask for entire time to follow COVID compliance.
- Plan early, as seating is limited due to COVID.
Fall Fees Charged Today (Friday, August 28)
Year-long class fees (incl. AP guides & AP exams) and first semester class fees were added to student accounts TODAY (Friday, August 28). These are in addition to the annual fees assessed earlier in the school year. Fees must be paid by Thursday, October 1 to avoid a $15 late fee.
Keep in mind:
- If you’d like to request a payment plan, please contact the Finance Office at email@example.com after August 28 and before October 1. Student Fees, Winterim, Graduation and most class fees are eligible for payment plans; AP exam fees, PE uniforms and extracurricular fees are not.
- Fee waivers are available based on eligibility. To discuss a fee waiver, please stop by or email the Finance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your student’s fees, please stop by or email the Finance Office at email@example.com as soon as possible so we can try to help.
We highly encourage payments be made by credit/debit cards. Of course cash or check will still be accepted. The following are payment options in order of our preference:
- Pay with a credit/debit card online at: https://maeserprep.revtrak.net/school-fees
- Pay with a credit/debit card over the phone by calling the front office at 801-235-9000 during business hours (7:30am-4:00pm Mon-Thurs, 7:30am-1:00pm Fri)
- Mail a check to the school
- Pay with a credit/debit card in the front office during business hours
- Pay with cash or check in the front office during business hours
If none of these options work for you, please contact the finance office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maeser Hoodies & Sweatshirts
As stated in the uniform policy, only uniform approved sweatshirts and hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
MAESER hoodies and LIONS sweatshirts are available for purchase at Timpanogos Embroidery: https://timpembroidery.com
Lands’ End 30% Off Sale
Land’s End is holding their popular 30% off sale this weekend! This is a great time to replace more expensive items like blazers, sweaters, and skirts. Use promo code HAPPY and PIN 1234 when you shop the sale online at https://www.landsend.com/school and receive 30% off school uniform items!
Eligibility for fall sports/activities will be based on 4th term grades for all grade levels. Students must have passed all classes with no Fs/NGs. In addition, high school students cannot have any Fs/NGs/Incompletes from previous high school terms. When the 2nd term begins, the school will return to the original policy of eligibility being based on students earning a 2.7 GPA.
Proposed Middle School Baseball Fee
Middle school baseball was just approved at the August board meeting and thus was not on the original fee schedule. The proposed fee is $130 which will cover uniforms, umpire fees, and field rental. If any parents or students have any questions or feedback regarding this proposed fee please contact Sam Urie (email@example.com).
Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast
FAFSA Portal Opens October 1
The FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid) Portal Opens on Oct 1st Due to COVID they are offering free online help sessions. You can get one on one help filling out the form by clicking on this link and scheduling a session: http://www.completefinancialaid.org/.
Help Us Stay In Touch!
Opt In For School Text Messages
Our school utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts, student fees, and more. We will only use text messaging for urgent and important information.
You can participate in this service by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. You can also opt out of text messages at any time by simply replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
Thank you for helping us keep in contact with your family!
Update Your Contact Information
If any of your contact information has changed – email address, mailing address, phone number – please let us know so we can stay in touch with your family.