In This Edition
No Remediation on Memorial Day, Graduation Details, Volunteer Help Needed for Graduation, High School Shakespeare Team Auditions (Deadline Extended!), Outstanding School Fee Balances, Returning Materials To The School, 2020 Summer Reading Program, Sports/Academic Eligibility, Counseling Announcements (Summer Credit Ahead, Summer Pre-Requisite for Fall Career Apprenticeships)
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Monday, May 25
Memorial Day – Building CLOSED (no remediation or office hours)
9am-2pm Credit Remediation
Thursday, May 28
Graduation — *NEW DATE*
Friday, May 29
LAST DAY to Register for Summer Online Credit Ahead
Monday, June 1
*DEADLINE EXTENDED* HS Shakespeare Team Audition Videos Due
No Remediation On Memorial Day
We will not be holding remediation on Monday, May 25th due to observance of Memorial Day. We will resume on Tuesday the 26th and conclude on the 27th.
When: Thursday, May 28 (NEW DATE)
Where: Water Gardens Theater, Pleasant Grove
Due to limited space at the Water Gardens (the theater only holds 230 cars, which equals about one per family), we’re doing all we can to make the ceremony accessible to all who want to support from home. We will be live streaming graduation on YouTube. The ceremony can be found on the MaeserPride YouTube Channel starting at 8:35pm on Thursday May 28. We are also looking into streaming on KSL.com as a secondary source — additional information and streaming link coming soon!
SENIOR Parents: Graduation Help Needed!
We would like help decorating the parade route into Water Gardens for graduation. We are in need of at least 12 dozen navy and gold balloons to line our parade route on May 28th.
If you would be willing to donate a dozen balloons for that evening, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
High School Shakespeare Team Auditions **DEADLINE EXTENDED**
DEADLINE EXTENDED! By JUNE 1st, send Mr. Hults a one-minute video of your memorized monologue. Speak with diction, volume, and intention. E-mail Mr. Hults with any questions.
Outstanding School Fee Balances
If you have outstanding school fees, please pay them as soon as possible. We are waiving late fees for the remainder of this school year because of COVID-19, but we would still really appreciate wrapping these up before the end of the school year. Thanks for your help!
- Student accounts will be charged for any textbooks not turned in at year-end checkout. These fees will be due upon your student’s return to school next year.
- Unpaid fees from the 2019-20 school year will remain on student accounts (or transferred to sibling accounts if student is graduating) for the 2020-21 school year.
- Students will not be eligible to participate in sports/activities next year if they have unpaid fees.
- If you are having trouble paying the balance of your student’s 2019-20 fees because of financial disruption due to COVID-19, please notify us ASAP so we can try to help.
Here are your options for paying fees:
- Online (preferred) at our RevTrak Fee Payment site: You will need your PowerSchool parent account username and password to log in. (If you have trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Once you’ve added the fee to your cart, you will need to create a RevTrak account (or log into your existing RevTrak account) to enter your payment details.
- By check: Mail to Maeser Prep Academy, c/o Finance Office, 320 W 600 S, Lindon, UT 84042. Please include your student’s name on your check.
- By phone: Email email@example.com with your phone number and we will call you for payment information.
If you have any questions or concerns, or think you may qualify for assistance, please contact the finance office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Turning In and/or Returning Materials to the School
If you are returning materials to the school, PLEASE make sure you include your name and teacher on a post-it note. You may place materials on the table just inside the front doors (doors are open 9:00-2:00) or you can use the 24/7 drop box outside. Thank you!
2020 Summer Reading Program
If you’d like to get a headstart on this year’s summer reading program, you can check out all the details here: 2020 Summer Reading Lists. This year’s community text is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
Eligibility for fall sports/activities will be based on 4th term grades. This policy includes all grades (7th-11th). Students must earn a 2.7 GPA with no Fs/NGs/Incompletes. In addition, high students cannot have any Fs/NGs/Incompletes from previous high school terms.
Deadline to Register for Online Summer Credit Ahead
The deadline to register for Online Credit Ahead Summer School will be Friday, May 29. In order to give the students the required amount of time to complete the courses, we will not accept any registrations after the May 29 deadline.
For more information about online summer credit ahead: Credit Ahead Online: Summer 2020.
Summer Pre-Requisite for Fall Career Apprenticeships
ATTENTION 2020-21 SENIORS: If you plan on doing an internship next year, you will need to take the online career apprenticeship class this summer. Please contact Mrs. Anderson for more details.