In This Edition
COVID-19 Finals Schedule, 2020 AP Exam Schedule, SENIOR Parents: Graduation Help Needed, Outstanding School Fee Balances, Returning Materials To The School, High School Shakespeare Team Auditions, Counseling Announcements (Summer Credit Ahead, Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast)
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Friday, May 8
Last day to turn in Quarter 4 coursework
Final Exams (details below)
AP Exams (details below)
Monday, May 18
HS Shakespeare Team Audition Videos Due
COVID-19 Finals Schedule
The end of the school year is a fun and memorable time, and this year will certainly be memorable! The last day of instruction is Friday, May 8th. That is also the last day students may turn in any coursework for their classes.
Finals will only be offered in the following classes: Socratic (English in MS), Science, and Math.
Finals week will begin on Monday, May 11th, and continue until May 15th.
Finals are available by 9am on the day they are assigned. Finals are due by 11:59pm on the due date. Pay attention to instructions from your teachers about any specific directions for your exams.
*AP/CE classes: Students should communicate with their instructors about schedules for AP and Concurrent Enrollment exams.
Socratic (HS) & English (MS)
Assigned: Monday, May 11
Due: Tuesday, May 12
Assigned: Tuesday, May 12
Due: Thursday, May 14
Assigned: Wednesday, May 13
Due: Friday, May 15
For information about which classes will be receiving letter grades and which will be receiving Pass/Incomplete grades, click here: 4th Quarter Grading By Class.
We are in the process of finalizing plans for our end-of-year locker cleanout and student checkout, and we will communicate those plans to you soon.
Thank you again for all your sacrifices and support during these unprecedented times. We know you are sad about missing friends and typical end-of-year activities, and that this entire experience has been stressful. Please reach out to our administration or counselors if you have any questions or concerns.
2020 AP Exam Schedule
AP students will be taking secure, online free-response exams this year. Exams will be shorter this year, and will only include topics and skills most AP teachers and students have already covered in class by early March.
Like many college-level exams, this year’s AP Exams will be open book/open note. (Get tips for taking open book/open note exams.)
Students will be able to take exams on any device they have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone. They’ll be able to either type and upload their responses or write responses by hand and submit a photo via their cell phone.
Go to The Exam Day Experience for:
- A video overview of how the online exam will work
- An interactive demo that simulates the online exam experience
Visit Submission Guidelines to learn the different ways students can submit their responses.
Here is the schedule for AP testing this year (all times listed are Mountain Time):
Tuesday, May 12
12:00pm Calculus AB & BC
2:00pm Human Geography
Wednesday, May 13
10:00am Physics 2: Algebra-Based
Thursday, May 14
2:00pm Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Monday, May 18
Last Day to Submit Art 2D Digital Portfolios to Mrs. Fosse
2:00pm Environmental Science
Friday, May 22
For more information, visit the College Board’s AP Coronavirus Updates website.
SENIOR Parents: Graduation Help Needed!
We would like help decorating the parade route into Water Gardens for graduation. We are in need of at least 12 dozen navy and gold balloons to line our parade route on May 28th.
If you would be willing to donate a dozen balloons for that evening, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
Outstanding School Fee Balances
If you have outstanding school fees, please pay them as soon as possible. We are waiving late fees for the remainder of this school year because of COVID-19, but we would still really appreciate wrapping these up before the end of the school year. Thanks for your help!
- Student accounts will be charged for any textbooks not turned in at year-end checkout. These fees will be due upon your student’s return to school next year.
- Unpaid fees from the 2019-20 school year will remain on student accounts (or transferred to sibling accounts if student is graduating) for the 2020-21 school year.
- Students will not be eligible to participate in sports/activities next year if they have unpaid fees.
- If you are having trouble paying the balance of your student’s 2019-20 fees because of financial disruption due to COVID-19, please notify us ASAP so we can try to help.
Here are your options for paying fees:
- Online (preferred) at our RevTrak Fee Payment site: You will need your PowerSchool parent account username and password to log in. (If you have trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Once you’ve added the fee to your cart, you will need to create a RevTrak account (or log into your existing RevTrak account) to enter your payment details.
- By check: Mail to Maeser Prep Academy, c/o Finance Office, 320 W 600 S, Lindon, UT 84042. Please include your student’s name on your check.
- By phone: Email email@example.com with your phone number and we will call you for payment information.
If you have any questions or concerns, or think you may qualify for assistance, please contact the finance office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Turning In and/or Returning Materials to the School
If you are returning materials to the school, PLEASE make sure you include your name and teacher on a post-it note. You may place materials on the table just inside the front doors (doors are open 9:00-2:00) or you can use the 24/7 drop box outside. Thank you!
High School Shakespeare Team Auditions
Interested in participating on the high school Shakespeare team in the fall? E-mail Mr. Hults a video of a 1-minute memorized Shakespeare monologue by Monday, May 18th. Speak with diction, volume, and intention! E-mail Mr. Hults with any questions. The competition may be smaller this year, and our team may be smaller too. But USF says it IS happening!
Summer Credit Ahead
Students interested in credit ahead for the summer please email Mrs. Anderson for more information at email@example.com.
Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner Podcast
Check out Miss Krystal’s Counseling Corner at https://anchor.fm/krystal-anderson8“. It’s a weekly podcast for parents and students covering topics about mental health, high school and college.