In this edition: New Road Open for Carpool, Lunch Options, MS 7th Grade Elections, Debate Parent Night, ACT Prep Classes, Late Class Changes, Sports
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Front Office Hours
Saturday, September 2nd
Decade Reunion: Alumni, current students, parents, and faculty are all invited to attend our 10-year celebration!
Tuesday, September 5
6:00-7:30am HS Ultimate Frisbee (co-ed) begins at Bonneville Park
Wednesday, September 27
Dartmouth College Rep Visit during lunch
New Road Open for Carpool
Our new entrance and exit road is open for carpool. There is NO sidewalk, so students can NOT be dropped off at the bottom of the new road to walk up. Please be considerate for merging traffic. So far in the first week, there has been little to no back-up leaving!
- Pull all the way around to the Northside and as far down as you can go before dropping off students.
- Wait 10 minutes (3:40 pm) to pick up in the afternoon to give your student a chance to talk to their teacher, talk to their friends, and go to their locker. The first ones in carpool always seem to be the longest ones waiting.
- Do NOT stop and drop off in the front of the building, even if there is no one in front of you. Two second stop can back up traffic all the way to 1600 N. It happens! Please do not be that person.
- Keep pulling forward as far as you can so that we can get as much traffic off of 1600 N as possible. When a car pulls out, please pull up to fill in the space.
- We are trying to teach our students to use the crosswalk in the student parking lot and to wait until cars stop before crossing. Encourage your student to be safe and follow the guidelines.
This year we will have the following lunch options available for students who wish to purchase lunch instead of bringing a lunch from home:
- Monday: Pizza – $1.50/slice
- Tuesday: Kabob Palace Food Truck – ranges from $3-$6 depending on the day’s menu
- Wednesday: Gandolfo’s – $3 for a sandwich and chips
- Thursday: Fat Tuna Food Truck – ranges from $3-$6 depending on the day’s menu
Microwaves are available in the lunchroom for students who bring lunch from home. Please note: we do not have refrigerator facilities for student use.
Middle School 7th Grade Elections
7th grade student council election will be held next Monday-Thursday. Interested students have already received a handout with all the necessary information. If there are any other questions please contact Ms. Ure or Mrs. Killpack.
Debate Parent Night on Tuesday, August 29
Come learn more about Maeser’s debate program at a Parent Night at 7:00 PM on August 29 in room 224. We will go over the competition opportunities for the year and let parents know how they can get involved. Both high school and middle school students are welcome to join. Questions: email@example.com.
ACT Prep Classes in 2017-18
GREAT OPPORTUNITY! Sophomores have priority and can take a FREE ACT prep course this year thanks to our generous Trustlands committee! Sign up through this link or at the Front desk of Maeser. 30 spots per session and they fill up very FAST! For details, click here: Maeser ACT Test Prep 2017-18. OTHER students (not sophomores) can also sign up for the class at the front desk, but the fee is $125.
Late Class Changes
Class changes this week will incur a $10 late-change fee, which must be paid at the front office before the change will be made. No class changes will be made after Friday, September 1st.
Fall Sports Eligibility and Fees
Eligibility for fall sports will be based on a student’s 4th term grades from the 2016-2017 school year. Students must have a 2.0 GPA with no Fs/NGs.
All middle school and high school sports have required fees. This year’s fees can be found on our website: 2017-18 School Fee Schedule.
High School Fall Sports
HS Girls Tennis
There is still time to join the girls tennis team! If you are interested, contact Coach Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HS Cross Country
High School Cross Country practice begins Monday, August 21 @3:45pm. Meet on the track. A meeting for the athletes (parents are invited) will follow practice @5:00pm and will last about 10-20 minutes.
HS Ultimate Frisbee
Fall ultimate begins September 5th. Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7:30am at Bonneville Park just a half-mile east of Maeser. Need at least 5 girls and 5 boys. If interested contact Coach Woolley at email@example.com.
High School Winter Sports
If you are a 9th-12th grader who is interested in swimming this year, please contact Coach Burg for information about our Swim Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.